Whatsapp is probably the most used messanger in the world. It’s great tool for our day to day communications. Just like any other social media platforms, whatsapp also faces lots of challenges in protecting users privacy.
Recently, Whatsapp has made many changes and updates thier settings to provide users better privacy and security. The fingerprint lock is one of them. Here is full guide on how you can use this feature.
How to turn on fingerprint lock in Whatsapp
- Open whatsapp and go to settings by tapping three dots on top right corner.
- Now got to Account and select privacy
- At the very bottom, there is a option for Fingerprint Lock, Go ahead and enable it.
- Now, it will ask you to confirm your Fingerprint, Just tap on your Fingerprint sensor to verify.
- It will give you three options to select from, Immediately, After 1 minute and After 30 minutes. This option defines, after how much time your whatsapp will be locked.
- There is also toggle button for “Show content in notifications” option. If you turn on this then you can see minor message in notifications even when whatsapp is locked.
How to turn off fingerprint lock in Whatsapp
- Once again open WhatsApp(it will ask you to confirm fingerprint) and head to the settings.
- Head over to Account and then privacy option
- Scroll to the bottom and Turn off Unlock with the fingerprint option.
Whatsapp had announced Fingerprint Lock feature in version 2.19. 308. You will need Android 6.0 or higher in order use this security function.
Additionally, The Fingerprint Lock is also available for iOS users. In iPhone, you can use any of two, Face ID or Touch ID. The process of the setup is the same as Android
READ: What is Vanish Mode in Instagram and How to Use it?