One of the key features of rise of Kingdoms is open-field fighting. It’s very important during kvk. Without the proper field-fight supports your kingdom won’t be able to conquer passes, flags, fortress, ruins, or altars. Aside from that, it’s so much fun as long as you have tons of resources and speed-ups.
Here is a full guide for an open-field fight with some deadly commander pairing which will provide you so much value.
- List of things you will need to have in March for open-field fights
- strongest open field commanders rok
- Who is the strongest commander in ROK?
- Who is the best secondary commander in ROK?
- 1. Alexander Nevsky and William(best Cavalry pair)
- 2. Alexander Nevsky and Xiang yu(Full Cavalry nuke pair)
- 3. Guan Yu and Scipio Prime(Best Openfield)
- 4. Guan Yu and Leonidas(Best Infantry AOE)
- 5. Pakal and Harald Sigurdsson(Most Swarmproof tanky openfield march)
- 6. Nebuchadnezzar and Yi Seong- Gye(Archer full AOE)
- 7. Amanitore and Artemisia(infantry killer Archer)
- 8. Boudica Prime and Yi Seong- Gye(Archer sustain nuking)
- 9. Trajan and Harald Sigurdsson (Leadership/buff)
- 10. Trajan and Aethelflaed(Leadership/buff/debuff)
List of things you will need to have in March for open-field fights
- March speed – to catch and run away from enemies
- Tankiness and sustainability – no matter how careful, you are gonna end up getting swarmed sometimes.
- AOE – Area of attack skill damage can hit multiple targets during murder balls, it can provide you so many free kills!
- Buffs and Debuffs – whenever fighting in a group, you need to have some sort of buff on your march and debuff on enemy marches.
strongest open field commanders rok
Who is the strongest commander in ROK?
You are probably wondering which is the most powerful commander in rok right now? Well strictly speaking about open field commanders, Scipio Prime is the best commander in rise of kingdoms right now. Why? Well, His every single skill is made for field fighting. He has AOE, tons of skill damage, and every other utility that can help on the field. on top of that, he is so versatile and can be paired with lots of commanders like Guan Yu, alexander the great, Charles Martel, and more.
Who is the best secondary commander in ROK?
Ultimately YSG will be the best secondary commander, you can put him behind pretty much any commander and he will work effectively. However, if you are looking for troop type specific then check the list below.
- Scipio Prime(Infantry)
1. Alexander Nevsky and William(best Cavalry pair)
XY and William used to be the best cavalry pairing for offense while Saladin and William were the best pairings for defense and support. However now we have something even better, Nevsky and William have the best of both marches, offense as well as defense and support for your allies during team fights. On top of that this march has AOE, debuff, heavy skill damage, and all the abilities specifically designed for open field. Without any doubt, this is the best cavalry pairing in the game right now.
2. Alexander Nevsky and Xiang yu(Full Cavalry nuke pair)
Xiang Yu is an excellent commander however his biggest problem is he can be quite squashy. Alexander Nevsky brings tankiness to this march with his defensive stats at the same time Nevsky also has a lot of offense with skill damage and debuffs.
There is a downside to using this march because XY and Nevsky both have the same debuff on their active skill and Active skill bonuses don’t stack with each other. So using both commanders separately will give you much more value for your pairings.
Suggestions: Nevsky+William & XY+ Saladin
3. Guan Yu and Scipio Prime(Best Openfield)
Generally, the Cavs are the best open-field marches in the game. However, right now it’s the infantry pair that is dominating the field of battle. The guan yu was already one of the best field commanders and now the new Scipio prime has 5 skills that are specifically designed for open field. Together this pairing has everything including, High skill damage, AOE, March speed, silence, small skill cycles, Shields, and buffs for allies. There isn’t a single thing that this march is missing out on and that’s why it’s the number one open field march in the game right now.
4. Guan Yu and Leonidas(Best Infantry AOE)
Even though Guan Yu and Scipio prime are the best, Guan and Leonidas are still pretty good infantry combinations for open-field. They have better AOE and survivability. Leonidas with tons of health and defense buff. Additionally, he can regenerate rage faster, firing one skill after another for solid AOE skill damage output. His synergy with Guan is also good. Guan can silence enemies and Leonidas deals more damage to silenced enemies. In comparison Guan Yu and Leonidas is also little more tanky than Guan Yu and Scipio Prime.
5. Pakal and Harald Sigurdsson(Most Swarmproof tanky openfield march)
if you are one of those players who don’t like to drag and drop their march then Pakal Harald is for you. This pairing is just so tanky along with lots of counter damage and defensive buffs. Just let them roam in the middle of a bunch of enemies. When enemies foolishly swarm this march you will get an awful lot of kills because Pakal and Harald are crazy good against swarming.
6. Nebuchadnezzar and Yi Seong- Gye(Archer full AOE)
Nebu and YSG both can hit up to 5 enemy marches with extremely high skill damage. That’s a total of 10 enemies marches being hit at the same time. During murderball, this march can do wonders. Just don’t go in too deep and keep hitting with AOE and you will end up with lots of free kills. There is also a downside to this march and its defense and march speed. So it means if enemy Cavs players get to you, then you are good as dead.
7. Amanitore and Artemisia(infantry killer Archer)
Guan is currently the most popular infantry commander for open-field and almost everyone is using him. That’s where Amani comes in she removes the silence effect from guan. Artemisia is a solid archer commander with lots of skill damage and AOE but the problem is that she silences her own troops for a 50% damage boost. Amani effectively removes that silence from her meaning you have a 50% all damage boost without any downside.
8. Boudica Prime and Yi Seong- Gye(Archer sustain nuking)
There was a time when players used Ramesses with YSG a lot. Ram did the tanking while YSG did lots of AOE skill damage. But now we have a better archer commander in the game. The new archer commander Boudica Prime is so powerful that even cavalry commanders start to sweat in front of her. You can pair them with pretty much any archer commander and she will dominate the enemy. But the reason why YSG is secondary is that he can boost skill damage by a lot and Boudica has lots of single target skill damage. At the same time, YSG also brings 5 target circular AOE damage. Together this pair can do an insane amount of skill damage.
9. Trajan and Harald Sigurdsson (Leadership/buff)
Trajan provides a valuable skill damage buff along with a rage restoration buff. On top of that, he has a health and defense bonus making him very tanky. And the longer he stays on the field, the stronger he gets with more damage output. Harald can make this march even stronger with counterattack damage and abilities to withstand swarming. This is the must-have open-field March especially if you are a big player.
10. Trajan and Aethelflaed(Leadership/buff/debuff)
For F2P players, Aethelflaed could be a good alternative to Harald as a secondary commander to Trajan. You can max her out for free using the expedition medal store. Aethelflaed can debuff up to 5 marches reducing their attack, defense, health as well as March speed. That’s a solid debuff, however, this march will be less tanky compared to Harald.
Now, keep in mind that these are just recommendations based on reports and results we saw. You can always experiment with different commander combinations and talent trees to find out your favorite commander pairing.